WAVE Chrome Extension
The WAVE Chrome extension allows you to evaluate web content for accessibility issues directly within Chrome. Because the extension runs entirely within your web browser, no information is sent to the WAVE server. This ensures 100% private and secure accessibility reporting. The extension can check intranet, password-protected, dynamically generated, or sensitive web pages. Also, because the WAVE Chrome extension evaluates the rendered version of your page, locally displayed styles and dynamically-generated content from scripts or AJAX can be evaluated.
WAVE Chrome Extension at the Google Web Store
Updates to the WAVE extension will automatically be sent to your Chrome browser when they are made available.
Using the WAVE extension
To run a WAVE report, simply click on the WAVE icon to the right of your browser address bar. Click the icon again or refresh the page to remove the WAVE interface.
Copyright, privacy notice, and other stuff
1.0.1 - March 21, 2016
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
- Fixed bug where contrast errors were not always identified due to incorrect point-to-pixel conversion
- New rules: Justified text, ARIA tabindex, ARIA label/description, Broken ARIA reference, and ARIA search landmark.
- Combined HTML5 structural elements (<nav>, <main>, etc.) with ARIA landmark (role="navigation", role="main") icons.
- ARIA attributes now better display within the page to facilitate navigation
Initial Non-beta Release